Monday, April 16, 2012

Breathe In...Breathe Out

I am always amazed at the continual trials that are placed in my way.  Although my trials are great, I know that I have a loving Father in Heaven who will never give me anything that I cannot handle.  There are definite days when all I can do is breathe in and breathe out.  This week has been especially hard.  I try to keep a positive attitude in face of my trials and do all I can to see the blessings that I received behind the hard times.  Doing that is not always easy.  In fact, I don't always react the way I would hope I would.  With the coming of Landon's 6th birthday this past Monday, I wanted to do everything I could to not focus on myself...trying to do something for someone else so I could make his day positive.  I'm grateful for the opportunities I was given to make his day better by focusing on someone else besides myself.   

A friend of ours died a week ago.  I have been extremely sad by this.  I've tried to wrap my mind around this.  It's still not wrapped!  I keep wondering what I am suppose to learn from these trials.  I know that death is part of this life.  It just seems that I've had more than my fair share.  When I say that, the first thing to pop in my head is Job.  He lost EVERYTHING and never lost his faith.  I suppose my trials are not near as difficult as Job.  Thank goodness!!  

My friends funeral was yesterday and it was a wonderful tribute to her.  I can only hope that when the day comes people think and say such nice things about me.  She taught me a lot about service.  I can only hope to do better than I have done.  

Going along with the title of this post, I thought it would be good to give a great example of how often I say those 4 words!  Amelia is going through a phase where she freaks out over everything!  She is testing her limits...so I am continually telling her to just breathe in and out to calm her down.  So today, Amelia started freaking out and I looked at her and she said, "I know mommy, just breathe in and breathe out!"  I hope that over the years she will remember that and work toward rolling with the punches!  
Throughout my trials, I will keep breathing in and out...and stay grateful for the blessings I have been given!  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just read a bunch of your blog. It was good to see you, even if it was only through pics, and words. I hope you guys are doing well.
Dan